NATO COPC AT CASPOA during WEEK 46 and 47 / 2022
NATO Comprehensive Operations Planning Course
Prepare students to contribute as an operational-level planner to NATO’s operations planning process, using the principles of Comprehensive Operations Planning Directive (COPD)
|Course structure:||CASPOA – Lyon (France)|
|Language:||English 3232 IAW STANAG 6001|
|Depth of Knowledge:||300 – Advance|
|e-ITEP No:||JPL – OP – 36813|
Course iterations :
|16 777||14 Nov – 25 Nov 22|
- Identify the fundamentals of joint operations in a comprehensive approach, and the contribution of major functions in accordance with MC 133/4
- Perform the analysis to support the operational level appreciation of the crisis and operational advice on MROs (COPD Phase 1 – 2).
- Apply COPD process during operational estimate Phase 3A-Mission analysis.
- Apply COPD process during operational estimate phase 3B-COA development.
- Develop an Operational Plan (OPLAN) for execution and transition (COPD Phase 4 – 6).
Course Participants :
Military officers (OF2 – OF5) or civilian equivalent.
Under the leadership of the lead facilitator and supported by a group of functional area subject matter experts, this dynamic two-week course simulates a joint operational-level planning group. The curriculum is comprised of preliminary e-Learning course, multiple short lectures, followed by practical exercises in syndicates (25% – 75%). A senior mentor who performs the role of a joint commander receives formal briefs and challenges students production.